Monday, August 1, 2016

Kayaking

I haven't kayaked since I went to Camp Four Echoes in third grade. And honestly, now that I think of it, maybe that was canoeing?

When our housesitting hosts mentioned that they have kayaks and that we should be sure to take them out while we're in town, I filed it away under "Thanks, but no thanks."

I don't know, it just sounded like a hassle.  I'm not always the best about trying new things.  And we aren't the outdoorsiest.

But then I remembered that this summer- and really this year away- is all about new things.  So we loaded them up and took them for a spin.




It's so easy on our still lake, we all had it figured in just a few minutes.  We've been out 3 times since, and if I'm not mistaken, today looks like another great day to be put on the lake.

As L so succinctly put it: "I hope the next place we stay has kayaks."








No comments:

Post a Comment