Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Moving On

Documenting our travels is important to me, and I have hardly posted since we arrived in the US!

Our beautiful Lady of the Lake trip and L's birthday party and trip to Rocky Reach dam pictures were on our old phones.  
First world problems, I know, but I couldn't skip L's birthday on here, so I kept waiting to post about our newest adventures until I had gone back and done it. (And the old phone is dead as a doornail and in my bag... somewhere.)

But if I keep that up, I'll be weeks behind and never catch up.  Future L, I promise you had a special 6th birthday, and I'll post about it soon.

After a whirlwind week in Wenatchee (thanks mom!), we shifted gears and headed to my sister's home in Colville.  On the way, my old friend texted me that she was in town (the same town we were passing through and stopping at for lunch) so we had an unexpected but welcome meet up at Chipotle. 

It may be an odd place for a reunion, but they have delicious, Feingold-approved rice bowls!!


Nothing like some awkward fast food restaurant photos to memorialize a special moment.


About a hundred hours later, we finally reached Colville for our long-awaited sissy/cousin reunion.


I laughed the whole week.  My sister cracks me up like nobody else. A funny friend with the added bonus of a whole shared history, old inside jokes and memories of weird stories and people. It's a perfect storm of lols.

The kids were happy, wherever they were.  I wouldn't know, I was hanging out with my sister. They emerged from time to time for meals and bandaids... 

The night we left, L asked, "Cousins can get married, right?  When they grow up?"





No comments:

Post a Comment