Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Our Friends

I've been spying on the amazing and hilarious travelling "four bags full" family on IG for about a month, and in that time they've already been all over northern Thailand, Laos, and Burma.

I couldn't resist following and introducing myself (not normal for me!) and when they came down to Bangkok, we ended up agreeing to meet up at the Children's Discovery Museum to get the kids together and chat.  

I don't know what I was thinking, because, honestly, I hardly even like planning to do things with my real-live friends!

But it was the best odd decision I've made in a long while.  The boys are all cut from the same cloth and ran off like cousins within 30 seconds of introducing themselves. 

V and I hit it off in that rare and wonderful way, where you can cut through the meaningless years worth of small talk and nonsense, connect, and get right down to conversation that means something.  (Whim just took pictures all the time, and G had to go pack, so their  bromance will have to blossom another day.)





Meeting this amazing family has me more eager than ever to hit the road and get our own adventure started.  If they're a representation of the sort of people we are going to meet along the way, we're in for the time of our lives.  Too bad we aren't travelling the same direction!!

No comments:

Post a Comment