Sunday, March 27, 2016

I don't know how to cook fish!!

In Bangkok, eating out is so cheap, we do it all the time.  

L's favorite: mieng platu- plus curry, another fish, and rice all around- only puts us back about 10 dollars.


Yesterday morning we had a plate of mackerel fried rice each, plus curry, omlette, and stir-fried cabbage.  I think this one was maybe 12 dollars, but we all had hot cocoa, too.

It would be hard to do the work of shopping and cooking and recreate the meals any cheaper.  And we don't have to do the dishes!


We cook at home sometimes, too.  But we never have the same variety of veggies, sauces, and flavor.

I've been warning the boys to enjoy it while it lasts, but I think I'm really just warning myself.  I have been able to put it off for 32 years, but once we're in the states I can't be making the same few foods every meal.  I have to learn to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment