Monday, February 22, 2016

Luigi

A few weeks ago, we cleared out the storage area under the stairs.  It was both cathartic and shameful.  We threw away entire boxes full of nonsense that have been stored away since we moved here almost 8 years ago!  Ridiculous!

On the up side, I found 450 dollars in an old purse, and Whim, well.... Whim found an old familycom.  I didn't recognize it, figured it was probably broken, and expected it to go straight into the over-flowing garbage bag.  Being Whim, of course he plugged it in, and amazingly, it works.

Super Mario 3.  It's as good as I remember.  The boys are hooked, but not in a gross "technology" way.  It's so fun.  Unlike computer games, they can play without fighting or getting grumpy.  And since they are almost just the age I was when we got it, it's tricky enought to be a challenge, but not too hard for them, either.

They are getting better quick (Lennon warped to level 8 by himself yesterday- my boy!), but nobody can hold a candle to Mom, not even Whim.  I am the Super Mario 3 master.

I don't know how I can still remember it, but I know every trick.  Every hidden 1-Up, where to find the warp whistles, the penny heavens, and the music notes. Jump here, fly up there, wait for it... 
I haven't played in over 20 years, but every bit of that knowledge stuck with me.  My thumbs have it memorized. It's a totally fun blast from the past. 

L dressed up as Luigi for church yesterday.




Today is a holiday... Maybe today we'll beat level 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment