Friday, February 12, 2016

Exhale

Elementary Field day.  School-wide Thai day.  Lower-elementary 100th day of school. Kindergarten Bug Surprises day.  First-grade Mexican celebration.  School-wide International Day Cultural show.  And my turn to teach Chapel.  My calendar for the past three weeks has looked like a practical joke. 

Meanwhile, beloved friends back home find themselves in a heartbreaking, life-changing mess, and there's nothing I can do to help.  It's no wonder I basically went to bed early on Saturday night and didn't get up again until Tuesday.  

I rejoined the land of the living on Wednesday, but it wasn't until today -as I checked the last two biggies from my mental list (my chapel and international day)-that I felt the physical weight lifted from my weary limbs.  I'm still exhausted, but I think the thrill of the last big thing being checked off for a while has breathed new life into these old bones!

The international day show was such a fulfilling experience for the boys that I would do it again in a heartbeat. And each of the other days was important, or fun, or necessary, too.  They just all somehow ended up in the same few weeks.

Tomorrow, we are all headed back to Athitara, the same relaxing resort we visited over New Years.  I have never felt so in need of a break... Dibs on the hammock!


No comments:

Post a Comment