Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year



"Now I know what they mean," he said, "when authors say, 'The wind whipped his hair across his face.'"

It was a little like something from a book, our little New Year getaway.


There is nothing so peaceful as the feeling that comes over you when you leave the city behind- even just for a day or two.

The river view was idyllic.


Someone was always in the hammock.




The boys and I swam and relaxed, listened to Whim's band play, and happily hit the sack way before midnight.

I saw the fireworks through the zippered window of our tent with two cozy boys snuggled by my sides.  Good enough for me.

  
The next morning I woke up to ring in the new year in a way that's more my style.  A silent sunrise.

A new year reminder to find moments of peace for myself amidst the chaos of my always loud, often busy life.






No comments:

Post a Comment