Monday, November 2, 2015

Negative post

I woke up Saturday morning feeling a little worn down, but still in full make-it-up-to-my-kids mode, leftover from the night before.

We continued the Halloween fun with pumpkin muffins and pumpkin icing for breakfast, and decorated them with chocolate chip jack-o-lantern faces.


But by around mid-morning, supermom had hung up her cape and crawled back into bed.   I tried not to move my enormous head and my fever started to climb.  When it hit 103, I faced the facts.  I had caught their Influenza A and was down for the count. What's worse, Whim was gone all day.

I admit we watched a lot of movies, and the boys made their own dinner.  First thing this morning, I went to the doctor for a swab, just to confirm what I already knew, so I could let my work know and settle in for a week in bed.

Negative.

I cannot figure out why my two children who are confirmed to be infected with Influenza A look like this...


while I just have a "regular flu" and feel like my oversized head is going to fall off if I try to sit up.

Thankfully, the boys aren't suffering. Honestly, though, I wouldn't mind the slightest bit of a fever that would leave them feeling snuggly and sleepy so we could all have a nap together.

No comments:

Post a Comment