Saturday, October 24, 2015

Color runners!

I first heard of the Color Run a few years ago when we had just taken the boys off of additives.  It was the last thing I ever thought I'd sign up for.  Dye was basically our biggest enemy and it was everywhere- why would we purposely go running through clouds of it?

But that's what we'll be doing next weekend.  I asked Whim to sign us up for the race next week as my birthday present- just the two of us.  But then I had major regrets.  I knew the boys would love it, and everything's more fun as a family.

When we went to pick up our race  packets yesterday, we broke down and signed them up, too.  I don't know if I'm being reckless, or if it's just not so scary anymore. 

I'll probably make them wear masks at the kilo markers, just to be safe.  But even if they accidently ingest some, it won't be the end of the world.  While I feel like avoiding additives in foods is the right choice for our family, avoiding experiences where they might be exposed to them isn't.  Maybe I'm rationalizing, but we can't be afraid of everything...


Color Run, here we come!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment