Saturday, August 22, 2015

Inside Out



I'm always a little behind the lastest news, but this time it wasn't my fault.

Inside Out (finally!) began showing in Bangkok on August 12th.  But we were there on opening day.  I had heard wonderful things about it from friends in the states, and every one was true.

It would probably be even more perfect for a family with a pre-teen, who might be going through some of Riley's same struggles.  Even so, I felt like it could give any family tools to use to talk about emotions more openly.

M loved it, and I could just see the gears spinning in his head... that everyone has these complex thoughts and feelings, not just him.

I would caution that L cried at more than one touching/emotional part.  He liked it overall, and there was a good portion of fun and absurdity to balance out the sadder parts, but just a warning that very emotional kids will feel it.



But the biggest difference in our lives after seeing it?

 
The boys now slide down the bannister every day on way to school.

Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment