Wednesday, June 17, 2015

L's fifth birthday


We haven't had a bottle in the house for 4 years, or changed a diaper in three.  We haven't had a toddler among us in two years... and now there aren't any four-year-olds around, either.   


On your fifth birthday you are:
Absolutely adorable.  
Particularly fond of posing.  Not for the camera, but for life in general.
Obsessed with mazes and captivated by numbers.


Imaginative.  
An immediate, ardent fan of every superhero you come across.
Still an almost-daily napper.
Quick to fuss, but equally quick to forgive.
Determined to become a racecar driver.

Naturally, I remember the day you were born.  But I also remember so clearly the day we brought you home from the hospital.  It was so easy, like you'd always been here.  I remember thinking "well... this isn't so bad."  And I baked a cake. 

I thought of that cake today as I mixed up your birthday cupcakes.  How different that day was from the chaos I felt when we brought your brother home. M may be the one who made us a family, but you made us us.  You completed the picture.  You're puffect.

Happy birthday, TSO.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment