Sunday, April 12, 2015

Romeo


M and his little school friend A have the lucky privilege of acting as the young Romeo and Juliet (Romo and Jules-cuteness!) in the middle school play this spring.

I haven't wanted to post about it for fear of jinxing it, but it's been a month so I think I can uncross my fingers. 

I'm excited for him.  His scene is tiny, to be fair, a little blip before the 'Ten Years Later' sign and the rest of the play... but it's his. He has real lines to learn, directions to follow, even a lip-synch/dance to perform with his little leading lady.

He learned his lines the very first day, from the Shakespeare 'thous' and 'nonethelesses' to the (almost-)modern  'hubba hubba'. He's set in that department. The dance?  Well... we're working on it.  The director has assured me it will be adorable no matter what...

It just goes to show that being the most talkative child ever to enter a kindergarten classroom has its perks.  It's not always bad to stand out.


No comments:

Post a Comment