Thursday, December 25, 2014

Lazy days, Alaska style




(Whim's pictures again.)  

The boys seem to have developed a lovely pattern of bundling up and heading out to play in the snow a couple of times a day, punctuated by long, cozy stretches indoors filled with delicious meals,cards and games, and Christmas books and movies.

I am, on the other hand, comfortably snuggled up on the couch with my blanket at all times.  It's sublime.  We've been taking it so easy, and it's just what I had been hoping for.

The boys' stockings are ready, stuffed with additive free treats and candies, and the cupboards are bursting with special favorites, thanks to my generous aunt (thank you again, Aunt C!!) 

We made Jesus' cake -with sprinkles, for the first time ever!- and will read the first Christmas story before bed.

Christmas Eve is here.  Fingers crossed for more snow.



2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss the snow! Merry Christmas, Robin! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so lucky to get snow right off the bat.

      Delete