Sunday, November 9, 2014

Note to self

"Those kids brought their own private food to the party...weird.  Let's not talk to them!"

A child actually said this in reference to the boys yesterday.  What!?  That's the kind of mean/impossible stuff I dream up to torture myself with when I can't sleep and I indulge in ridiculous worrying!

Surely only kids in my imagination say things like that.

But, lo - ten minutes later, lunch was finished and they were all laughing over loud burps and silly questions, and the 'private' food was forgotten. 

So take that, friend-of-my-children's-friend, who we will likely never see again.  Or more like, take note, self.  Not everything is a big thing.

Note: Kids say dumb stuff all the time, my own kids included.  Stop worrying! 




5 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate those moments so much?! My kids do it to me all the time...but nothing is better than when they are actually nice again! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to learn that kids tend to work their own stuff out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?!!? That's so ridiculous those kids said that!! And that is totally something I would come up with in my imagination too. But the fact that it happened would just make me all the more paranoid -- I like that you are able to shake it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I commented on this like three times, what gives?

      Anyway, with your powers of overthinking And paranoia, you'll make a great mom one day! ;)

      Delete
    2. HAHAHA thanks Robin!! I of course worry that I'm going to be the annoying worrying mom. :)

      Delete