Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lazy day

The boys and I are under the weather.  Not miserable, thankfully, just sick enough to want to indulge in a quiet day snuggled up in bed, which we did.  It was glorious.

I'm not ashamed to say the laptop was a constant companion.   We have strict limits during the week, but I figure a sick Saturday in bed is not the time to worry about screen time.

We started the day with youtube drawing tutorials - if you ever need a teenage mutant ninja turtle face, I'm your gal- and the boys both read and played games all morning.
  
Then, yesterday afternoon, only five years late to the party, I signed M up for Khan Academy.  I am geeked. He loved it.  L was busy (writing fan fiction aka a paragraph called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Cars" and starring -get this- Materangelo) but I'll sign him up today, too.  I think it could become a part of the puzzle in finding ways to challenge them at home and feeding the curiosity beasts within.

Finally, last night, the boys and I ushered in the season with one of our holiday favorites by creating a family elf yourself video.  It's tradition. L made a silly one of his baby cousin Naan, too.

The good thing about a lazy lie-in is that you're all the more ready to get out and do something the next day.  Now if somebody would just wake up...


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! (Well, not the sick part). I should totally be looking up drawing tutorials on YouTube! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was surprisingly satisfying to knock out an amazing turtle!

    ReplyDelete