Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Unhappy day before your birthday




I want M's birthday post to be a real birthday post, not overshadowed by other recent events, so to that point, enter... the broken arm post:

Poor, sweet boy - out of the hospital just over a day and he had to go back with a broken arm.

I can't write about his agony for fear of blacking out or throwing up again, but suffice it to say, he was braver than I was.  He fell off the monkey bars, and broke his elbow, and had it treated.  He's got a camouflage-printed full arm cast and should be good as new in three weeks.

Tomorrow is his birthday, and school picture day, to boot. We got home late and still had to wash the picture day uniforms, thanks to our weeklong hospital vacation.  

But I was not going to let my poor broken-armed boy go to school empty handed on his birthday.  It's 10:30 pm but the cupcakes are made and if that makes a six-year-old's day a little brighter tomorrow, then it was worth it.

What a day!  




2 comments:

  1. Aww poor guy. But I'm jealous he only has to wear the cast for three weeks!! I had to wear two -- one for six weeks, the the other for eight. But then, I had three pins put in my arm. Now that I'm older, I can understand how worried my parents must've been for me. I'm so sorry, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's just a little crack, not like the bone completely snapped in two or anything. I know it could be so much worst, but just this was enough to make us all sick!

      Delete