Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Two firsts

L is the kind of kid that was made for school.  I knew it would be smooth for him and it has been.  He went 9 for 9 in the sticker department and came home with his first prize box reward today.


I remember how hard M had to work for those same stickers this time last year, and our joy as a family when he came home with his first chart completed after 9 long weeks.

He has come so far!

M had his own reasons to celebrate today, after staying "in the beehive" all day at school for the first time.  His big hurdle for behavior is calling out answers, and he's working so hard to kick that habit.


I was so proud to see this in his writing journal last week.  His favorite part of the day was when he remembered to raise his hand.  He's such a good-hearted kid. They both are.


They perched in silence for a long time. "How can we be so different and feel so much alike?" mused Flitter.  "How can we feel so different and be so much alike?" wondered Pip.  I think this is quite a mystery.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man Miles, I totally feel your struggle. I hated raising my hand! It felt like the teacher never called on me. The worst was after finally training myself to raise my hand, I eventually had teachers that didn't care about hand raising and I felt like such an idiot raising my hand.

    Way to go, Lennon and Miles!! Also, that quote is fantastic. And totally a mystery. A wonderful, fantastic mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book, Stellaluna. It's so sweet.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my goodness!! They look SO ADORABLE!!! I feel Miles, too. I was a blurter. I just knew the answer and HAD TO SAY IT! The hand raising thing was hard for me. (and even when I did it, I was an extreme waver for years...like PICK ME...PICK ME) Good for him for doing the hand raise!!!! And look at Lennon's little face with his stickers! Aw!! It was a banner week!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete