Monday, June 23, 2014

The summer of nothing


I love this summer.

The summer of nothing.  No big trip to the states.  No summer school.  Almost no daily commitments.

I'm so glad I ignored the part of me that said the boys should be in soccer camp or summer enrichment. 

Summer should be slow, lazy mornings and lunch in pajamas.  Barbecue dinners and afternoons at the pool and movies in bed.  The park after breakfast.  Comic books for hours and computer games and making cookies.


And naps.

A summer of nothing is a luxury I will not fail to appreciate.  Maybe by August we'll be stir-crazy, but as M has reminded me daily, "It's summer break!  We can do anything we want!"

In summer, nothing is everything!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! I love not having commitments so I can do whatever I want. Your summer sounds awesome! I want movies in bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't watch movies in bed?!?!???

      Delete
    2. Hahah no!! I hate having a TV in the bedroom -- I can't fall asleep if it's on and I'm usually the last one awake. Lately, since we've been in hotels, we watch TV from bed. It's kind of nice and I definitely see the appeal for when there's kids involved. Especially if it meant watching movies in bed.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I only watch movies on the computer! It's in our room and perfect for lazing and watching. We do have a tv downstairs but I think it might not be hooked up. It's hot down there!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like my kind of vacation! Doing nothing is my absolute favorite :D
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks later and still glorious! We did go to the beach for a few days but it was low key.

      Delete