Friday, June 13, 2014

B is for b-boys. Or brats.

Often I write about the boys' accomplishments.  How lovely or funny or clever they are.

Ha!  Not yesterday.


Yesterday was their first day of breakdancing lessons and they were absolute stinkers. Not funny. Not cute.  Not clever.

At the end of the lesson, I was prepared for the teacher to have a change of heart- a polite excuse for why he couldn't keep up with the classes.  They were that wild.  But he shocked me by simply noting that they have a lot of energy and aren't afraid to try anything.  I guess that's one way to look at it.

Just a reminder to myself that even on their diet my boys have their moments.  Maybe we can harness all that wild and crazy energy into some really good tricks.


Maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Haha um... awkward.

    I've always wanted to try breakdancing! So jealous - hope they don't get kicked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too! I have a feeling that next week will be better.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like they're just new at it...I bet they will catch on and wow you real quick!

    ReplyDelete