Saturday, May 31, 2014

Regular day

"Well, I guess it's just going to be a regular day today, huh?"  He forced the corners of his mouth to stay put, but he couldn't keep his eyes from dancing.

It was the day M has been waiting for for weeks.

His first ever field trip.
The Art show at school.
And to top it off, a pool party/barbecue dinner with fabulous friends that evening. (Barbecuing may be the easiest dinner with friends we've ever had, sans additives.)


I see so much of myself in him, but not this.  I do not love a busy schedule.

The frenzy of going-away parties, end-of-the-year events and activities, and the all the to-do list items that need to be completed and the people that have to be talked to to finish everything that needs to be done before school's out... 

If I survive these next five days, I'm going to hermitize myself for at least a week!

Regular day?  I'd love one!



7 comments:

  1. Hahah I love busy schedules! But only when it's fun stuff, obvi. Though, then I definitely need an entire day to read a book by myself with no interruptions (which I'm sure is impossible with kids...) :)

    His smile is so adorably happy! Also, if Miles ever starts a blog it should be called Milesmiles because his name looks like Smiles and he has such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day to read sounds like heaven! Actually I did read almost all day on Saturday, but it wasn waiting around the doctor's office, not lounging at home. Does not count.

      Delete
    2. Nope, definitely doesn't count. You have to be in a place where you can drape your legs/arms/body at totally uncomfortable-looking angles (but it's actually really comfortable).

      Delete
  2. I'm with you when it comes to busy schedules, I get overwhelmed very easily...haha.
    But then look at how excited he is!! I'm sure that makes things a lot easier :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Overwhelmed! The only antidote is to make detailed lists and cross things off until I start feeling same again!

      Delete
  3. I love the "hermitize myself" idea. I am SO like that. I need my "alone time". The time at the end of school is just SO BUSY. It is totally overwhelming. We have just now emerged from the other side of that. WHEW. I feel like I've run a marathon (and you know how I feel about regular exercise! :D ) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on day 3 of hermitization and it feels good!

      Delete