Saturday, May 10, 2014

R is for Radioactivity

M chose to dress up as a radioactive spider for Alphabet day next week.

Admitedly, he probably has at least a half-dozen other costumes he could have chosen from that wouldn't have required any effort from me, but I guess I feel like what's the point of having interesting children if you're not going to let them run with their cool ideas?

Radioactive spider it is.

Luckily, M is easy to please, since my DIY skills couldn't handle much more than this.


We sewed a homemade felt 'radioactive symbol' to an old t-shirt and attached stuffed black socks for spider legs.


For the price of three pairs of socks, one sacrificed stuffed doll, and an hour or so of sewing, we have ourselves a radioactive spider.

I'm just crossing my fingers that there's another comic book fan in his class, or it might be a long day!

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job, Robin! He looks amazing. Love the spider legs. Though, if there were actual spiders Miles' size running around, I'd have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of your spider goat post the other week!

      Delete