Sunday, May 25, 2014

Coup-coup!

Unexpected three-day-weekend due to the military coup here in Thailand.

Life continues on as more or less normal for us.  M did miss his turn for show-and-tell at school, but he was strong in the face of tragedy.  He will rebuild.

Whim's gigs have all been shifted forward in compliance with the curfew. Considering it would practically take military action for me to be out of bed after 10:00 pm, the curfew isn't really affecting me.

According to L, the funniest thing about a coup is: "It sounds like cuckoo!"


According to M, the worst thing about having a coup is: "Soliders rule, so they close your school and make you miss show and tell and library.  That's sad."


M and I don't always see eye-to-eye when it comes to canceling school.  He came around when Whim took them to a movie.

I took advantage of the day off to have my hair straightened, and -pardon the selfie- I feel like myself for the first time since I started growing it out last summer after my very short-lived short-hair experience.


In short, we're all fine.  But if the powers that be know what's good for them, we won't miss more than a few more days.  The art show and M's first field trip are both scheduled for this Friday and I don't know how M could go on if anything got in the way of that magical day.


6 comments:

  1. OMG I was wondering how you were doing when B told me about the coup! Poor Miles :(

    Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you since I heard about it on the news! I hope you stay safe and relatively unaffected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! Funny, I just checked in on your blog last night after weeks of being away. Serendipity!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks amazing and that is a great selfie!
    Hope you're all safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all fine here! :)

      I always feel silly taking selfies.

      Delete