Thursday, January 23, 2014

Totoro



The day after I wrote about my kindergarten worries, a friend stopped by to see me at work.

I taught both her sons in third grade, and she has continued to come and visit from time to time in the years since.  Often she'll have a bag of some of her boys' old clothes to pass on.  I think she figures us moms of boys have to stick together.

The other day was no different.  But tucked in with the carefully folded school uniform pants and darling sweater-vests was this little Totoro doll.

I admit tears welled up in my eyes.  She doesn't read my blog, it was just a coincidence.  But she brought my son a Totoro doll the very day after I wrote about L's love for him. It was so comforting.  Somehow that little gift represented so much.

Not only am I part of a community who loves me and loves my family, I'm looked after by a God who knows exactly what I need and can even arrange little coincidences to calm a mother's worried heart.

8 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! And what awesome timing. Totoro is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Robin! I don't believe those kinds are accidental. :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's that perfect I know something greater is at work.

      Delete
  3. Oh how wonderful!I agree with Ashley. That's not an accident or a coincidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. Thank you for the reminder that there is so much more to this life than we can hear or see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Book worm mama- sounds like we have something in common.

      Delete