Friday, December 27, 2013

Vacation

I think I've finally got M convinced that vacations aren't so bad.

The boys dragged a spare mattress into our room the other night and we all fell asleep to The Wizard of Oz.  Sure there were cries of, "He touched me!" (M!) and 600 questions about who that guy is and what did he just say?  (L!) But there was something so sweet and nostalgic about it.  That just might have to become a holiday tradition...

The next morning we dusted off some old boardgames I don't think we've had out since the kids were born.

I was surprised how well they could hold their own. L lost interest after a while, but M was in it to the end.


We've played pictionary and monopoly so far.  Maybe tomorrow I can teach them to play cribbage!

For the second year in a row we had Christmas Eve dinner with Ben and Waan at Casa Pasta.  


Note to self: bring puzzles to restaurants.


Whim even took our Wii to get it fixed (if I remember right it stopped working around the time L was born...) and as a true Christmas Eve miracle, they played together without fighting!


One uses the wiimote while the other controls the nunchuku.  Thank you Cars Mater-National!

But the final nail in the coffin was yesterday afternoon when Whim let M use his tools to take apart an old car stereo.



"I've never taken anything apart with screwdriver before!"

He was in heaven.  

Of course I'm not actively trying to convince him school isn't as fun as being at home, since that would just make things harder when we go back in two weeks.  But I couldn't help smiling at his monologue.  "I love this!" he said with a contented sigh.  "This is better than Wii.  I'd rather do this than play computer games.  This is even... This is better than Kindergarten."

2 comments:

  1. Don't know what it is about guys and taking things apart. We have one of those kids too. Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! :) We've got a broken DVD player with his name on it :)

      Delete