Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gingerbread house!

Our Ikea is like one of those high school basketball teams that is winning by 80 points and still plays full court press and keeps starters on the floor in the fourth quarter.

We get it.  You are run by amazing Christmas elves!  You bring us live Christmas trees from Sweden and put our kids in a dancing Santa commercial.  You already have our undying loyalty.  I promise never to buy cheap furniture anywhere else!

But no.  It's not enough.  Because now they are bringing Christmas cheer directly to the J's kitchen in the form of gingerbread house kits!


I did the initial construction and let the boys decorate.

Quick question: is it common knowledge that royal icing is super easy to make and takes 5 minutes?  


M saved all the treat bags and candies that he got from his classmates over the last week or so for decorations.  Luckily he doesn't mind passing on junk food, anyway, but having another plan for it sure made it easy.  I will definitely do this again in future years when they might not be so easy to convince.


I love how it turned out!  Crazy and loud, just like a couple of knuckleheads I know.

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! We are attempting one tomorrow, and I am already seeing tears of frustration in my future! ;)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all in the royal icing, I'm telling you! : )

      Delete