Friday, December 20, 2013

Ahhh...

Can you hear that?

It's the collective sigh of teachers all over the world reveling in their first moments of Christmas vacation.

M, on the other hand, is heartbroken.  He can't believe they are allowed to close school like this. It's not worth it to try to convince him that most people like vacations.  My best hope is just to distract him with festivities.

Luckily, today M's class had a party.


They entertained us with classics like "J-E-S-U-S and Jesus was his Name-o" and served us homemade cookies.

Earlier this week I sent in safe cookies for M to decorate, plus icing, chocolate chips, and 'sprinkles' (crushed freeze-dried strawberries) so he could participate.


Totally worth it.  He was so proud of them and so eager to share with his brother.


Whim and L got there just in time for treats, looking festive.


I made these snowman popcorn cups because I'm determined to overcome the "healthy treats aren't cool" stigma, one class party at a time.

The kids loved them-they all went right for them- and I was glad to know M could have at least one exciting thing from the treat table.

To top it off, the fairy wings I chose for the girls in his class were a smash hit.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. How I LOVE Mile's take on breaks from school. He is a boy after my own heart. I always felt the same way! LOVE IT!! Hahahaha !
    You GO GIRL with your plan to make healthy snacks awesome. That popcorn snowman cup was adorable!!! Have a wonderful holiday! (and the Jesus Bingo song made me laugh out loud! Bwahahahaha!) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all in the presentation- or in this case 'Pinterest-ation'.

      Delete