Tuesday, November 19, 2013

PSA

Did you know you can bake cookies in a muffin tin?

Theoretically.  If, for example, your five year old scrubbed your (only, nonstick) cookie sheet with steel wool and you didn't want to buy a new one.


You could still make lovely, thick cookies. There wouldn't be any complaints.  They even make perfect circles.
They boys and I made pumpkin cookies this way, over the weekend.  We replaced/reduced the 1-1/2 cups of sugar with 1/2 cup of honey (and used olive oil instead of butter since we didn't have any) and they were soft, with just enough sweetness.  Actually, by the time we drizzled them with cinnamon glaze, you didn't miss the sugar at all. 

8 comments:

  1. Theoretically!! Bwahahahaha.
    The photos of Lennon chowing down on those cookie muffins (cuffins? mookies?) are ADORABLE!! And boy, who could blame him?!?! Pumpkin cookies with cinnamon glaze...YES PLEASE!!! Yum!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cracked my secret clever mom code! It wasn't theoretical. ;)

      I love the name mookies and am going to use it from now on.

      Delete
  2. You are fabulous! I have muffin tins! What I don't have is a baking sheet that I keep promising myself that I would buy.
    The cookies look good. In fact, from the way Lennon is eating them in these pics it looks like they taste divine :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have no excuse! Time for making some treats. :) Those cookies (mookies) in the picture were chocolate chip ones we made earlier. The pumpkin ones linked here were really good though, too.

      Delete
  3. Hahah that's awesome, I had no idea! But bummer about your cookie sheet. You should get a Silpat! Except theoretically you shouldn't let your husband or kids try to use it as a cutting board. Because it's not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about silpat. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete