Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Day means one thing in this house: Christmas trees!

No turkey, no pumpkin pie. No cousins and boiling cranberries and waiting for the parade to start.  But... we have our tree.  It's not the same special moments that I loved as a kid, but it's a new kind of special. 

Ikea came through again with live Christmas trees.  


So I had just the plan for our old artificial tree...

I even splurged on cute Ikea wrapping paper for their advent books.

Happy thanksgiving! And Merry Christmas trees!






4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the artificial tree! I love it!
    Happy Thanksgiving!! Whether it be old traditions or new, I hope you have a wonderful day with your sweet family!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! I hope you had a happy holiday, too.

    It's so funny how the things we do now will feel like precious memories later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sorry you miss out on mashed potatoes, but at least you have a fully decorated tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird because mashed potatoes are totally my favorite thing, with peas. I didn't say that, did I?

      Delete