Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Book Week

It's fall break, and M has an assignment from his Thai teacher: prepare an oral report on where you went for your vacation, and bring something back to show the class.  


18th Annual International Book Expo
We're not taking a trip, so M is going to have to spin our staycation. We went to the International Book Expo. Actually, it was perfect timing since M learned to read Thai this week and L is eager to sound out, too. We busted a piggybank and the boys walked away with arms full of books.

Proud mom moment

At one point, I looked over and both the boys were sitting on the floor reading.  For the most part, they were really lovely.  But this moment was particularly awesome.  I almost chased down a passing woman who dejectedly asked her husband why their kids wouldn't sit nicely  like that?  But I didn't.  I was too busy reveling in the moment.  And good thing, since less than an hour later M was tearfully confessing that he whispered "Pow in the patootie!" to a woman who tried to touch his hair.

Baby steps...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love those perfect little moments like that!! (and you even caught yours with a photograph!! Well done!!) I don't blame Miles a bit for his whispering because who likes to be touched by weird strangers?!? With his glorious hair I am sure this is something that happens to him often. Poor guy!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really mind that Pow in the Patootie so much.... He was so good. And so sorry.

      Delete
  2. Haha! I would have loved to see you chasing that woman!
    This really is a perfect capture, especially given that kids don't really go for 'real' books anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky my boys still love books! I hope it stays that way.

      Delete
  3. Hahahah what?!?! Pow in the patootie? Did she hear him? I'm totally with him though, I hate having my hair touched unless I've given you permission. And I'm not even proud of my hair, I just don't like being pet. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't hear him... Plus it was in English. He had a guilty look on his face so I asked him... He cried and said he wanted to go back and say sorry, so we did.

      Delete