Saturday, October 5, 2013

Bangkok Farmers' Market

Last Sunday we finally visited the Bangkok Farmers' Market.

Bangkok isn't exactly a farm community.  So the farmers' market is kind of a fluid term.

There was produce -lovely organic vegetables- but people also brought in things they'd made: artesian breads, homemade pickles, yogurt, fancy chocolate.  Even things like handmade jewelry and soaps. 

It didn't take M long to find the chocolate.

Most everybody involved was conscious of natural food choices, so it was easy for us to find things to eat for the boys.


They even had a kids' activity corner where the boys made pirate hats while we found some lunch.

I had high hopes of turning a corner and finding a table of gluten-free baked good.  If there was ever going to be a place to find gluten free bread in Bangkok, this would be it.  I didn't find any this time, but we'll be back.


9 comments:

  1. What fun! I bet that gluten-free bread table was somewhere there! You'll find it next time!! The smiles on their faces says it was a great day! (Yay for pirate hats!) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so, too. Or if I ever wanted to get involved, it could be my contribution.

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to visit a farmers market. I don't think they have one here in Malaysia...or maybe I just haven't heard of it.
    That pirate hat is awesome! Here's to finding gluten free baked goods the next time you visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should scout around and see if there's any around where you live. It was fun!

      Delete
  3. Those have to be two of the sweetest pirates, with the hearts on their pirate hats! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Farmer's Markets! I'm pretty sure that term covers anything homemade-from food to jewelry to bread. How fun! I went to one her recently and almost came home with a puppy :D

    ReplyDelete