Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First day of school!

Today was M's first day of school.
First First-Day-of-School family picture
I think it went about how first days go.  In M's own words it was, "A little bit great."

No meltdown at drop off, no evil eye from the teacher when we picked him up in the afternoon.  But I know it wasn't perfect either.  By all accounts he talked nonstop.  After school he confessed to sneaking over during naptime and asking the teacher what she was doing.  And I heard a very familiar crying sound in the breezeway at some point in the morning, too. 

You can see M's swollen eyes in this picture.  He accidentally got a vanilla-flavored blended milk on Sunday instead of a plain milk one, and we've been dealing with the fallout since.  If I could arrange the universe the way I'd want it, M's first day of school wouldn't be on an "off" day.  But instead of feeling down about that, I'm thanking God that we even have "on" days. 

Miles and his bulletin board at Open House
 And tomorrow we get to do it all again!

8 comments:

  1. Just absolutely THE CUTEST ever! Good news about starting with an off day is that it will only go up from here! :)-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor guy! That sucks about the milk.

    That is HILARIOUS about his talking during naptime because when I was in Kindergarten or maybe Pre-K, I used to talk to myself on my cot at naptime and wake the other kids up. The teacher started setting up a lamp on one side of the room that was partitioned off and I got to play quietly by myself while everyone else slept. I was totally not a difficult child at all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he starts falling asleep during nap!! He didn't sleep today either :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, YAY Miles!
    I went to drop off my little sister on her first day. She went in and instantly made friends with a girl in there but there was another one at the doorway giving me the most heart-breaking sad teary-eyed look, I wanted to take her home.
    I think 'a little bit great,' is pretty awesome and hope he has many more of those days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lucky she made a friend right away :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, HE LOOKS SO CUTE IN HIS UNIFORM!!!
    I'll take "a little bit great" for a first day! Aw! How precious!!
    Lucy was a TOTAL chatterbox her first year of school. The teacher even had to call me at home about it!!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would do if she called me about it- I mean, it's unstoppable!

      Delete