Monday, August 12, 2013

Books brothers

I admit I was making a bit of a fuss over M.  He read a Spider Man book aloud to me, and it was pretty impressive. It was long and had tricky words in it like magnetic, invention, and spider-senses, and when he finished I gave him a big hug and grabbed my phone to take a picture.

Sometimes you just want to capture a moment.  Or brag on your blog.


L wasn't about to be outdone, and the fact that he can't read yet wasn't going to stop him.

He grabbed a book, too, and asked me to read.  As I read, he watched for his chance.  He read every I and every a. And then he posed for his picture, too.



8 comments:

  1. Awwn. That's adorable :)
    I'm sure he'll be reading in no time. The reading every I and A for now is good enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not going to give up! Today he practiced spelling lots of words, too. He has a goal and not even being 3 can stop him.

      Delete
  2. Haha that's so cute! I totally know that feeling, being the youngest can suck! :)

    But way to go Miles! You can totally brag on your blog for something as exciting as that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the second kid, just like Lennon, and I remember how fervently I'd think to myself, "Just because she's older doesn't me she's smarter." :)

      Delete
  3. Okay...that made me SQUEE!!! Hooray for Miles! That is SO VERY AWESOME! Then Lennon coming in and wanting his reading picture done, too! You are raising them right! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad Lennon wanted some reading glory - glad enough that I took the picture despite his oversized, slept-in t-shirt! :)

      Delete
  4. Lennon picked a real thinking man's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told I hate that book! Haha it's so long!
      Give me frog and toad any day . :)

      Delete