Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I'm praying for a wonder-ful flight

Six days from now, we board, and the 24-hours-of-potential-terror will commence.  I read online somewhere that for easy flying with preschoolers, simply plan a special surprise for them to unwrap every 15 minutes, and you're almost guaranteed success.

Flights under 8 hours must be so fun.

I wonder... with 96 treats each in their carry-ons, will there still be room for a change of clothes?

But even if I can't do the 15 minute present bonanza, that doesn't mean I have to go in unarmed.

I have packed them books, wikki stix, coloring books, "kindergarten work" aka worksheets (M would probably do these the whole 24 hours, bless his heart) foam stickers, post it notes (I figure these will buy me 1/2 an hour, just sticking them on things one by one) and the almighty iPad.  And of course there are always inflight movies, sleeping, and the classic standby screaming at the top of our lungs looking out the windows.

But I have to share this- it is the cleverest thing I've thought of in ages.

Because if I'm going to buy fancy 15 dollar coloring books (I'm looking at you Crayola Color Wonder) my kids better not lose the super special markers.

Nothing says high class holidays like flying economy with a ziplock bag of markers taped to the inside of your coloring book.


6 comments:

  1. That is straight up GENIUS!! Seriously, that is awesome!! :) We will be sending you all the good travel vibes we can!-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling pretty good about it, actually. If I go down, it won't be for lack of preparation. :)

      Delete
  2. Hahah you should TOTALLY pin that!!

    Good luck Robin!! I used to love going on flights because I got coloring books which I LOVE! Definitely teach them a card game. I think I already suggested that, so feel free to ignore me. Or teach them tic tac toe, the box with dots game (do you know which one I mean?) or King's Corner or Gin Rummy or Old Maid or Go Fish! Okay sorry, I really loved playing King's Corner with my mom. You guys are going to do awesome!! Maybe "accidentally" let them run up and down the aisle once. Just to get out their energy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will teach them some card games, that's a great idea. They already know how to play uno but maybe something really easy like war or old maid. I do have some of those fancy Kem cards that don't slip around....

      Haha I would pin it, but I hate pinning my own posts it's like liking your own status on facebook! :)

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with the Dose Girls. You are a genius. You have done it for the kids, but I think I might have to do it for myself. I am always misplacing my pens and pencils :)
    Hopefully you'll have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it could work for adults, too! :)

      Delete