Tuesday, June 4, 2013

No Hurting People

"No yaks, no guns, no hurting people, no dogs...."

I was getting out of the passenger side of the car, and I could hear M on the other side chanting to himself.  I walked around and saw him dutifully learning the rules posted on this taxi's window.

"...No dogs, no cups, no durians, and no smoking."

Buffalo is an awful insult in Thailand (along with monitor lizard and rhino), but luckily he doesn't know that yet.  And anyone who has smelled durian knows that rule is warranted.

But I couldn't resist taking a picture when I saw his "No hurting people" symbol.  That's right, bud.  No hurting people!

11 comments:

  1. Hahahah what?!?! I LOVE that it says no durian. And are those people hurting each other or....doing it? That is awesome. You should blow that up and make a poster of it. Hahha so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you are definitely right. I don't think they are hurting eachother. But I wasn't about to go into an explanation...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope to have many more innocent year with this one! : )

      Delete
  3. Aw!! That's the cutest thing ever.
    I think Tara is on the right track. I think those people are DEFINITELY not fighting! :D --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I didn't want to have "that" talk in the Ikea parking lot!

      Delete
  4. Could they not use a better picture for 'no hurting each other'. I know the act is offensive in public, but so is that picture...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the driver was being intentionally crass...

      Delete
  5. Oh--so it's not a standard sign for all cabs in Thailand? I was thinking "they're kind of loose and free over there, huh?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nope! He got it at the same kind of place you'd get one of those peeing Calvin decals,or like a racy silouette of a lady...

      Delete
    2. Ok, but that was not the best explanation, really, just now because it's a parody of real stickers that a lot of taxis do have that show what special features each taxi has.

      Delete