Friday, June 21, 2013

Interview your kids

Everyone who has ever read a blog has heard of Parenting, Illustrated with Crappy Pictures, so I know she needs no introduction.  Yesterday Amber posted a list of questions and encouraged readers to interview their kids and record the answers.   We did it today and it was silly and sweet and fun.

If I can remember, I'd like to ask these same questions again in the years to come and see how the answers change.  And next time I will ask them separately so they don't influence eachother's answers.



Summer of 2013- Interview with M and L

What do you want to be when you grow up?
L: A papa
M: A mommy (I think at first he thought his answers had to match L's or something.  We don't even use the word Mommy in this house.  Based on other times talking about this question, he wants to be a pilot or a builder.)

What brings you the most happiness?
L: Papa
M: iPhones! (cringe)

When do you feel the most loved?
L: Papa (Me: No, when.  Like when do you know someone really loves you?) A valentine heart!
M: You make a valentine card, like you cut it.

What are you afraid of?
L: A lion because it says "Roar!" louder
M: Robot crashes

If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
L: Wish.... fish!  Rhymes!
M: Sticky rice. (I tried to bring this one us a few hours later, using different words to see if I could get to his deepest wish and he still said sticky rice.)

What is the funniest word?
L: Playing (He thought I meant what word is the funnest thing.)
M: Stickabickdoo

What is the hardest thing to do? What is the easiest thing to do?
L: Swing/walk
M: Play a didgeridoo/play ball

What is the best thing in the world?  What is the worst thing in the world?
L: Auntie Waan/bad guys
M: Uncle Ben/crocodiles

What is the meaning of life?
L: Heaven
M: In the African savannah (?? I tried to rephrase the question but we didn't get anywhere. "Why are we here on earth?" got me "Because we couldn't be in space.  And "Why were people made?" got me "Do you mean how?  Are you asking me how people were made?)

What makes you mad?
L: Rhinos
M: Not sharing

What is the meaning of love?
L: Hugging
M: Mmmmwwwah!

If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
L: Buy milk
M: Get a real dinosaur that could walk, a new brachiosaurus that has batteries.  (Poor boy, he actually has a walking brachiosaurus toy that is horribly loud so we "lost" the batteris.  Why is autocorrect trying to make me change brachiosaurus to brontosauras.  Brontosaurus isn't even a real dinosaur!)

The end.  So sad.  I wish there were more questions!  The boys were so cute and engaged, I just wanted to keep going.

8 comments:

  1. Best interview ever!!
    You have to do more of this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xae, I'll have to do it again from time to time. : )

      Delete
  2. Hahah so cute! I love that you had to google didgeridoo. They are so cool sounding!!

    I mean, in Miles' defense, sticky rice is pretty good.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but we eat it every day!

      I told him a wish meant he could do or be or ask for anything, so then he said he'd want to be a bee.

      Delete
  3. This is beyond adorable!!

    I think sticky rice is a FANTASTIC wish and I adore that he said iPhone because my kids would totally have said something like that and I would write *cringe* too!! Hahahahahaha

    The "swing" as the hardest thing made me smile. I totally remember what it was like to try to teach Bobby to swing. He found it hard! :) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to leave that one out!!!

      Delete