Monday, May 6, 2013

My boy my joy

It's only 10 am and L's had 2 seizures already (who knows, we had cake yesterday, maybe that?) But I'm still on top of the world because M LEARNED TO READ LAST NIGHT!!

You'd think as a teacher that moment might be dulled to me, but it's not. I couldn't believe my eyes. The switch just flipped and he could read. He's been able to sound out for a while, but it didn't click. Cuh-ahh-tuh never became 'cat'. Then yesterday he read 9 pages of a book we hadn't read before and I could have cried.

Sorry for the crappy picture but whim heard him reading and came over and took a video. I don't have a picture, so this is screenshot of the video.

Actually I do have one cute reading picture.



6 comments:

  1. YAY MILES!! My nephew in the computer is reading already! You must be one proud mom right now :D
    But, umm, where's the video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whim posted it on Facebook. It was exciting to us, but not exactly thrilling.... Fffff-iii-ssss-hhhh fish! For every word.:)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD!!!! Yay Miles!! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS AMAZING!!! Congratulations to him and to you!! :)-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I brought 4 books home from the library to celebrate. :)

      Delete