Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lovely Anita

This week's listicle was 10 favorite characters from TV or movies.  But when it comes to the small screen, one woman alone has stolen my heart: Anita.  Anita, from Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. 

Like every other muffin-topped woman sweating her way through the shred every morning, I love to hate Jillian.  It's kind of fun to think of snarky comments to say to her as I huff and puff.  But when it comes to Anita, my love is pure and true.  She gets me.

I love her so much, I wrote her a song (well...to the tune of Lovely Rita). 

I dedicate this song to Anita, and to the Beatles.

Lovely 'Nita workout aide
Lovely 'Nita workout aide

Lovely 'Nita workout aide, nothing can come between us.
When it gets tough I'm on your side to stay.

Stare at Jill' and want to beat her,
when I get a glimpse of 'Nita.
Smiling as she worked out while my poor muscles shook.

In her sweats, she looked much older,
but the muscles on her shoulders,  
made her look like a little like a shredded wo-man.

Lovely 'Nita workout aide, may I inquire discretely?
How will I ever live through level three?

Anita!

Tried her out, she's sure a winner.  
She can help, to make us thinner.  
I will never workout with Natalie again.

Thanks to 'Nita, I have made it.
Now I have to serenade it.
Exhausted on the floor with a dumbbell or two.

Oh, lovely 'Nita workout aide, where would I be without you?
Pushups and planks will make me think of you.

Lovely 'Nita, workout aide.
Lovely 'Nita, workout aide.
Lovely 'Nita, workout aide.

I asked Lennon what exercising looks like.


Good form, bud!

19 comments:

  1. I just bought my daughter the 30 Day Shred, so now I am dying to check out Anita! Excellent song, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever try the Shred with your daughter, you will love her in no time!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried the shred, but anyone who can fling snark back at Jillian is wonderful in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plotting cruelties against Jillian makes the whole workout so much more fun. Actually, she's fine, but nobody holds a candle to lovely Nita.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Everyone I know who has done the 30 day shred LOVED it! You are awesome!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) The reason I love it (besides lovely Nita) is because it's only 20 minutes. I figure I can withstand any kind of torture for 20 minutes. And by the time I'm really, really exhausted, there's only a few minutes left so I just stick it out. It's the only thing that works for me.

      Delete
  4. Haha you are so awesome Robin. I have one of Jillian's books and the exercises are pretty good. But I will have to check out Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...I am going to have to check out Anita - I have the 30-day Shred (used it about 2 times) and all I can remember is just how dang-on hard it is to get to Day 2. I sweat buckets with that short workout. I really should commit to the full 30 days to see what it can do for me. I think you have just motivated me to give it a try.

    Happy belated Monday Listicles.

    Yona from http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! And report back after you've fallen in love with Anita. We can make a fan club.

      Delete
  6. 'Yes' to Anita! 'No' to Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Maybe we can work out side-by-side this summer (with all our kids too, of course) and laugh hysterically the whole time. ^^

      Delete
  7. Ha ha. I think I will need to shred after this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea who Anita is but I already know I love her. I'm going to look for her in the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have brought even one person to the love of Anita, it has all been worth it. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. She's the one to Jill's left.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the best comment I ever got.... and now it's gone! Anita/Julia, you are my exercise-muse!

      Delete