Saturday, April 13, 2013

We're here to stay

The Dose girls warned me, but I didn't listen.

Actually, I already knew. Spring break staycations are dangerous. Too much time at home and the boys turn to their favorite form of entertainment- antagonizing each other. And if there's one thing that gets Whim and me bickering more than 10 days together at home, it's the prospect of 10 days together at home looming ahead of us.

Suddenly everything he says has this tone. What do you mean, "What do you want for breakfast?!"

But with our big summer trip on the horizon, we have to keep this one low key.

I know I said I didn't want swimming to lose it's charm, but it's just 10 days...

5 comments:

  1. Aww..I hope this staycation goes better for you than it did for the Dose girls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good.... But it's only Tuesday morning

      Delete
  2. Haha I was just telling B the other day that a staycation sounded amazing! But then, I don't have kids. So...I'm pretty sure it would be way different :)

    Hopefully the pool keeps them from bickering! It will make them too tired to bicker, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A kidless staycation would be awesome.... It would be just like laying around, which is my favorite.

      Delete
  3. You wrote: Suddenly everything he says has this tone. What do you mean, "What do you want for breakfast?!"

    Ah, yes. My late husband could get that attitude. I once asked him "how do you feel this morning?" and he gave me The Look and asked "What's it to you?"

    ReplyDelete