Thursday, April 4, 2013

V day

Next week is V day at preschool.

V already!

We're at the end of the alphabet- those last, least-loved letters.

I warned M that preschool was almost done, and that there were just a few weeks left, but he was unconvinced.

I counted out the remaining letters on one hand: "V, W, X, Y, Z, then you'll be done with preschool."

"Not yet" He said emphatically, and started ticking off on his own fingers: Now. I. Know. My. A. B. Cs. Next. Time. Won't. You...."

Tear.  I can't believe how I used to worry about him starting school.

I took this from the group's fb page.  Surely it was for me, right?


I can't wait for next year!  I'm having actual dreams about buying backpacks and school supplies.

8 comments:

  1. At first I was like V Day? Like Valentine's Day in Thailand? But this makes way more sense :)

    Miles is sooo adorable! That picture was totally meant for you :)

    That's so cute he counted the part at the end of the alphabet song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that and was going to change the title but I couldn't think of anything better.....

      Delete
  2. Aw!! I bet he will *love* big school. That first time buying the supplies is so fun (and a little bittersweet!) What a great picture!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already told Whim we have to get school supplies in the states while we're there this summer, because I want the full Target-aisle experience!

      Delete
  3. I remember being excited for the first days of school every year. I did not know parents got excited about it too! LOL!
    That picture was definitely for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whim is particularly excited.... to have him out of his hair. ;)

      Delete
  4. I never thought of the end-of-the-alphabet letters as the least-liked, but you're totally right. And V might be worst of all. Too pointy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. It's not eccentric like X and Z, it's not a useful vowel like U (even Y is special because it can be a vowel or a consonant.)
      V is boring, unhelpful, and compared to W it totally sucks.

      But it's because V feels 'odd' to me while W feels even, and I don't like odd numbers. (I know V is 22 but I'm talking about what it feels like, not what it is.)

      Delete