Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Facebook is good for something

Whim saw a picture on Facebook the other day of the most delectable-looking thing either of us had ever seen.

It was one of those made-to-pin photos that have all the recipe steps in one picture, and it had us drooling. We actually pulled up the photo on more than one occasion, discussing every detail over and over.

Is that melted butter on step 5? Do you slice it and then bake it, or do you bake it first? When do we add the cheese? Typical of Facebook there was no link or directions, just the picture. Taunting us.

Monday, at the grocery store, Whim casually added a bag of potatoes to the cart. Eyebrows up, I kept pushing. Sour cream. Cheese. I knew where this was going. The baked potatoes of my dreams.

You guys, you think that you've had baked potatoes before, but these are so good, it's ridiculous.

To make the baked potatoes of your dreams:

1.Cut the potatoes in thin slices, but not all the way through (like a fan) and rub with oil and herbs/spices.
Bake for 50 minutes in 400 degree oven (220 C).
Take them out and quickly wedge cheese and ham into the spaces between slices.
Continue baking about 10 more minutes.
When finished, top with more cheese and sour cream.
(I used bacon for mine because I don't like that kind of ham.)

I think I'm going to be full for three days. And then I'm going to make more.







10 comments:

  1. Holy yum! Oh man that looks delicious! And filling. I don't know though, that looks pretty hard to make... :) just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I was going to put a no-teasing Tara disclaimer in but I forgot! Well it's no secret I'm not a very fancy cook. :)

      Delete
  2. I am making this. Oooh! You know what? I am going to PIN THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Very full circle/circle of life of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man. That looks SO delicious. And now I'm hungry!! (and I think it does look like something I could actually do. YES!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning. I still feel uncomfortably full and it's 3 pm... the next day!

      Delete
  5. OMG!! I love baked potatoes! Can I make them with something other than bacon or ham...do you think it will still be as good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it doesn't need the meat at all, you could just make it with cheese.

      Delete
  6. wow. that looks SUPER SUPREME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at it kind of makes me sick.... It tasted so good but I was so full afterward. :)

      Delete