Monday, April 8, 2013

Super mom

Everyone knows that moms are kind of working class superheroes. We may not leap buildings in a single bound (unless building block ones in the middle of the living room floor count) but we have our own kind of superpowers.

Don't believe me?

Listen to the Green Lantern's super-monologue:  "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"

Replace "Green Lantern's light" with "eyes in the back of my head" and you've basically got every mom's mantra.

And what mom hasn't comforted her little one with those sweet words: "Don't be afraid, Mom's here..."? Underdog totally got his line from us, too!

Consider Superman's famous tagline: "This looks like a job for Superman!" No matter how old you are or how many other able-bodied adults live in the house, there are some jobs apparently only Mom can do. I swear, when my husband son is looking for a pair of socks, this very line echoes through his mind.

Super-finding isn't our only power.  Any mom who has successfully navigated a Lego-filled floor for a midnight trip to the bathroom might feel like she could rival Batman for his title: "The Master of Darkness."

I often feel like I'm surrounded by super heroes and super-villains, too.  I mean, there are the hero masks in the toybox and the super-jammies in the drawer, but that's not it.

Am I the only one thinking that Hulk's big line: "Hulk Smash!!" was probably created by a toddler? It makes about as much sense (and creates about as much destruction) as some of the things Lennon comes up with.

And with two rowdy little boys in the house, just about any time can be "Clobberin' time!"

Crash! Pow! Biff! Zowie! and Ka-Boom! are heard more frequently in our house than I care to admit. Lucky for the little evil-doers: "Here I come to save the day! Mighty Mouse Mighty Mom is on the way!"

In short, Mom's power can't be denied. Spider-Man's own motto has never been truer than with a mom: With great power comes great responsibility. And like Wolverine, we're the best there is at what we do.

These ten super-quotes should be enough to make any mom feel like a hero. Check out this week's listicle link-up to see what makes other bloggers feel like superheroes.

17 comments:

  1. "With great power comes great responsibility." Great quote and you look like you have your super-hands, super-full. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the best there is at what we do!! I love that! POW!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolverine would make a great mom, huh?

      Delete
  3. Haha you are totally super mom!! Those super hero masks are awesome!

    And this is probably inappropriate, but I have joked on multiple occasions that women are better at finding things, so now whenever I find something that my husband or a favorite male coworker can't find something, I tell him that "I found it with my vagina" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With is better than in, which I've heard from time to time when someone exclaims "where was it??!?"

      Delete
    2. Hahahah oh my goodness. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the masks!! my boy would love those. my daughter would probably wear one too.

    and love how you did this. Personally, with 3 of mine all in the tattling phase right now...I'd like Wonder Woman's lasso of truth!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the dreaded tattler! Arch nemesis of moms everywhere.

      Delete
  5. So true - those quotes are so appropriate for moms - Super Moms, that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting to wonder how alike moms of boys are. In my post, I also wrote about being able to find things and walk around Legos. Or maybe it's a little kid thing. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we understand eachother, all of us moms of boys! :)

      Delete
  7. Moms are definitely super heroes...no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just without the spandex.....and good thing!

      Delete