Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Whim is

On Friday night I poked fun at Whim with my very first someecard creation.

I was extremely proud of myself and entertained. Actually, I might feel an addiction coming on.

But of course Whim's good qualities far outweigh his annoying bathroom disappearing acts.Luckily for me, this week's Listicle gives me a reason to focus on his best traits, instead.

Whim is:

1. An awesome stay-at-home Papa. Just being a stay-at-home Papa, at all, is awesome. Even if he did it grudgingly, I would appreciate it as a worthy sacrifice. But Whim loves his role, is proud to do it, and does an excellent job. Our boys are so lucky to have him in their lives.



2. Incredibly patient. I think I've said this before, but I am beyond unreasonable when I am hungry. I have cried in the car, on more than one occasion, because I was hungry when we were out somewhere but I waited too long and then couldn't think straight enough to ask for something to eat. And that's the point when I decide every food I've ever had in my life sounds unappealing/disgusting, and I'm not hungry, I just want to take a nap. Whim figures it out every time, gets me a snack and some milk, and then waits for me to transform back to my regular, not-crazy self. We've been married for almost seven years and he hasn't complained about it yet.

3. A talented musician. I'm the worst person to describe a musician, because I am too easy to please. To me, everything sounds nice. But much more critical, discerning ears have declared that Whim is an incredible guitarist. He's humble enough not to brag about it, but (since I'm not) he has stories of playing with many huge name artists, and is even one degree of separation from Bob Dylan and his own life-long idol, Eric Clapton.

4. Friendly. Whim makes friends whereever he goes. Probably everybody who knows Whim in even the least capacity considers him a friend. That was one of my Dad's finest qualities. Unfortunately, I got his bad teeth, instead. It's a good thing Whim is so friendly, or we might not have any friends at all.

5. Selfless. Whim helps everybody. Not in way that many of us do, over-committing because we can't say no. Whim likes helping people, and I'm proud of how many people can count on him.

6. Smart. I admit to being a recovering know-it-all. It used to shock me when Whim knew things I didn't (HORRIBLE, I KNOW! But at least I can use past-tense to talk about it). Now, I am just impressed. He is a wealth of knowledge, most especially about cars and music history.

7. Easygoing. For the most part, Whim is pretty much up for anything. If someone has a suggestion, he's in. Every time I read a new parenting book, he's willing to give it a try.  It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers, and he's pretty much the forgive and forget type.

8. Supportive.  Whim cares about my goals and does whatever he can do support me.  He does more about my (admittedly rare) girls nights out that I do.  And, like many moms, I tend to put my own needs last.  If it wasn't for Whim, I'd probably be wearing rags, because I never want to spend money on myself!

9.  Confident enough to ask for what he wants.  In Thai, they have a saying: "Shameless receives, meek misses out."  Whim lives this out every day.  I can't count the number of times he has had an amazing opportunity or experience just because he wasn't afraid to ask.

10.  Easy on the eyes. I know it's not everything, but look at this picture and tell me it isn't something...


I love you, Babe!

28 comments:

  1. "Recovering know-it-all"...haaahaaa! Good one.

    Sounds like Whim has great qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Even in written form, it's crystal clear that you love him very much. I'm glad you found him :)
    Good looking is definitely something on my list too - which will be coming a day late by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT LIST!! KUDOS to the stay home papa!! Your are blessed to have such a wonderful husband

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT list! :) Oh my Lord, number two is so me. Seriously, girl, my hubby knows that the second I start to lose my personality he better find me some food! ;) Lisa now knows it, too! :)-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone was going to get me and my food craziness!

      Delete
  5. Love this list. And yes, he is easy on the eyes and how cool is it that he loves being a stay at home dad? That's seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love #4 - and sorry about your teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I had braces in school- now they're nice. :)

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful bunch of adjectives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I love that he is a stay at home dad! And I love it even more that he is a musician, but without the ego! And easy on the eyes is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever talk about him on here. I realized that when I started working on this. It was almost his introduction.

      Delete
  9. A musician...love that.
    Clearly, you adore him, and he you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am a recovering know it all. Although I am still secretly thrilled when I surprise Irishman with my knowledge of something. The man is so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are many of us!! :) I wonder if marriage is one of the cures for it?

      Delete
  11. What a sweet list!

    I LOVE the picture of the lil' one lying on his back.

    http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this list! 4 and 5 are definitely my husband too. Although sometimes I think mine is a little too selfless, when he is still out helping someone fix his computer at 1:30 in the morning, but the good stuff always comes back his way. He makes up for my pitfalls that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I occasionally catch myself thinking he's too helpful, but mostly I know I'm lucky!

      Delete
  13. My guy is very supportive, too. Nice to have someone looking out for you, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute kid and nice list....glad I found your blog!

    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- wow, I'm pretty sure this is my first comment from Trinidad. :)

      Delete