Thursday, March 7, 2013

best iPhone mom response

This beautiful post should be seen by every woman who has ever read a sanctimonious mommy blog post/open-letter-to-moms-gone-viral that made her feel guilty or question herself.

I read that other letter, but I won't link it here.  You've probably read it by now, or one just like it.   Come to think of it, you've probably seen this reply already, too, since it's already a day old which is like weeks old in blog-years.  Still.  Just in case.

Moms, read it and be refreshed.  Nobody loves your kids like you do.






6 comments:

  1. I read the original... and this response just yesterday, and I loved it. You can't know someone else's life from watching them for 5 minutes...period. I am firmly on Team Mom--reading mom, phone mom, distracted mom, video taping mom, however she comes to the table-- because she's getting it done the best she can usually that's pretty darn well. Love your picture. Beautiful way to end this post. :)

    Go Team Mom! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And I resent the idea that if you aren't mesmorized by your children literally every second of the day, you aren't a good mom. Come on!! Historically, the mom wouldn't even be at the park with the kids unless they were preschoolers.

      Delete
  2. I did see that yesterday, and LOVED it. I didn't see the original, but it sounds pretty obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so judgy and condescending. Give me a break. And the way it was written, veiled in concern for the kids, really made you feel guilty. Yuck

      Delete
  3. I didn't see the original, but will go find it. I love this response letter though. People are so judgy for absolutely no reason.

    Love this picture of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stinks that judging people makes people feel better...

      Thanks.... I used to not like this picture, but now I love it.

      Delete