This week's listicle must have been hand-chosen for me.
Today marks one year into our additive-free lifestyle, and a lot of little things bring me joy these days.
1. Shirt tags. Once a guaranteed meltdown, now a harmless scrap of cloth. Love them!
2. Mornings. Some mornings, I wake up to find M nestled in bed with us. That moment alone could fill this list - his deep breaths, his long lashes, the way he slips in quietly, without waking either of us, and falls right back to sleep. Other days, he comes scampering in a few hours after I wake up, bursting with exciting news about his dreams. Still other mornings, he wakes me quietly with an armload of books. The thing he doesn't do now is come in crying inconsolably, every other morning, about how he wants to be so happy.
3. Taxi rides. L used to have seizures in the taxi every time, without fail. Just getting into a taxi would send my blood pressure through the roof. Now, every time we take a taxi, my heart beats a thank you for all that has changed.
4. Outings. I no longer live in fear of them!
5. Flowerfood brand sunflower seed bars with sunflower seed butter. Our favorite snack.
6. These, which I now find all over the house.
7. Our market, which is so wonderful it deserves its own post, coming soon!
8. Instagram. Parenting is just better with a little filter.
9. My blog. It may be silly and it's definitely tiny, but the community that has been borne of it does bring me joy every day.
10. The boys. They've brought me joy since before they were even born, but I enjoy them now more than I ever have.