Friday, January 18, 2013

Speaking of a child's duty

Even though I can't stand nosy neighbors hinting that my boys should be in school, I really am excited for M to start K4 next year.

I know some moms cry as the big day approaches, and maybe I will, too. But I was overcome with tears of absolute joy when I got the email yesterday announcing Kindergarten registration.

I have dreamed of his first day of school since I first knew I was pregnant. I loved school, especially elementary school, and I couldn't wait for him to be a part of it all.

For a while, I worried that school was going to be a struggle for him. Not the academic side so much, but socially. But he's come so far and we are so proud of him. I can't wait.



6 comments:

  1. Hooray!! That will be so fun! I loved Kindergarten too. I only got in trouble for talking....every day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah. He might have that problem, that kid can talk!!

      Delete
  2. I bet he will LOVE IT! It's so exciting! I have one child (who shall remain nameless but whose name rhymes with LUCY) who has some of her mom's talking genes, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think he will. I guess he'll be a big talker, but I think he'll charm them. :)

      Delete
  3. I never went to kindergarten and my first grade classmates were amazed to no end upon hearing that...heheh. But I've seen my two siblings and a cousin on their first days at kindergarten and they were all different, but memorable, nonetheless.
    I'm sure Miles' will enjoy it as much as you did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad didn't go to kindergarten, either. Hope you're feeling better, Xae!

      Delete