Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mystery

L's seizures will never stop being a mystery to me.

Falling off exercise equipment at the park this morning, getting giant goose egg on head and skin ripped off finger = no seizure

Snuggling in bed with brother this evening and getting elbowed = seizure. (Well, it was in the face. Hmm... maybe M got him right on the goose egg?)

Greater amount of pain, shock, upset does not seem to correlate with greater chance of seizure. Other non-seizure inducing surprises include: attack by dog, fall out of bed, cut finger on broken glass.

Can't-believe-it-caused-seizure list includes door slamming, cat looking at, toy taken from hand.

I hate that we can't shake this bad run we've been on. (For my own records/obsessing later, his diet was normal today and he had a nap. He has seemed under the weather the last two days.)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Robin. I'm sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating this is as you are trying to piece clues together so you can be proactive in preventing these.
    I hope you do shake this bad run right now!

    (His little forlorn face looking at his finger is precious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it that so much remains a mystery about his condition.
    I really truly hope it gets easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xae. It's much better than before :)

      Delete
  3. That sucks so much! Sorry Robin. I hope you guys are able to figure it out soon. That would be SO frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We just our eyes open and try to notice what we can. We'll get it.

      Delete
  4. poor guy, I know that has to be soo frustrating for you! I am so sorry he goes through this, that you all go through it:( I thought Preston was going to have one the other day (actually I was certain it was coming by the way he was crying/breathing) but luckily we both took deep breaths and go out without one. He had fallen off his scooter and literally landed face first smashing his nose into a concrete curb. It was not pretty:( I just wanted to stop by and say I'm thinking of you! I hope your sweet boy stops having them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, for stopping by. I'm glad your son avoided it. I always feel so relieved when he can take a breath in time. :)

      Delete