Monday, December 24, 2012

We're with the band

View from the stage.

Last week, Whim spent several days at Farm Chokchai, playing guitar at a multi-day concert hosted in the forest there.  The boys spent the days with their auntie Waan making gingerbread and watching Christmas movies, while I slugged through finished up the last few days of the semester.  We got to say goodbye to our visiting friends and had a Christmas party to attend, but mostly, we were in countdown mode.

Thursday afternoon, Whim came back for us and we started the holidays right by leaving Bangkok behind and taking a quick family trip to Khao Yai for the last day of the event.
Miles being cool.  Everyone loves this kid.























L was terrified by this flower at breakfast.  I'm not the only one who likes to torture her kids with scary things, right?
Backstage passes - we were so cool!
Both the boys partied till they dropped.























Out cold


We ended up getting home at 3:00 am the day of P' Wum's wedding, which had its own consequences, to be sure.  But the boys got to see their Papa play, it was cool enough for dragon breath in the morning, and nothing says holidays like a road trip, right?

Merry Christmas, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through 100 days of real food blog and love your photos and beautiful family!

    I have added you to our blog roll over at Whole-stic Living so I can follow along from now on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, cool. I'll be checking your blog out too :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like everyone had a good time :) The boys must have been so thrilled to see their dad play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could've stayed longer. If we hadn't been rushed back to get to the wedding, we would have stayed and explored for a few days. The boys really love getting out of the city. We all do.

      Delete
  3. That would be so frustrating! I hate when I get upset or mad at how things are going and then find out that I'm the only one stressing out about it and if I could only have relaxed I would've had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the wedding, right? Yes, I was definitely the only one standing in the way of my own fun that night.

      Delete