Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gingerbread Boys

"No!  Not the buttons. Not my gumdrop buttons!"
I love my church.

For all kinds of reasons, like how the people there are genuine and everyone is welcome.  Today the list of reasons expanded to include gingerbread boys.

Homemade, awesome, no-additive gingerbread boys!  After a quick button-removal surgery, they were safe for the boys.   They had 2 each.   I love that Waan and Ben checked and knew that they were safe, except the buttons, before I even asked.  I love that people at church care and are looking out for us.

And Waan's coming over this week to make more.  We can decorate them with safe chocolate chips and some more of that freeze-dried strawberry icing.  Gingerbread boys are one thing they don't have to do without. :)

And now, a joke. 
Q: What does a gingerbread boy sleep on?
A:  ???


He did actually enjoy the cookie, despite the melancholy photo.
M chose this shirt today to match L.



6 comments:

  1. Of course they care! You have such a lovely family - who wouldn't?

    The gingerbread boy sleeps on a cookie sheet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you got it!! I love silly jokes like that. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I was going to say a gingerBED. But a cookie sheet makes more sense :)

    Hooray for safe gingerbread boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute, too. And it totally makes sense. :)

      Delete
  3. So sweet that they got you covered like that! What a awesome reminder of how much they care. Here's to gingerbread boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith! I agree - that felt really great. :)

      Delete