Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Do you have Christmas in France?

We took a few comparison shots before we unceremoniously
stripped ol' fake tree and re-decked the halls.
After 6 years of fake-tree Christmases, we are the official owners of a real, (formerly) live Christmas tree. Thank you Ikea Thailand!

It's a Christmas miracle!

I couldn't be more excited if a cheeseburger came to life and did a claymation song and dance for me.  (I admit I would be slightly more excited if John Cusack was my neighbor and we got to fix up a super cool old camero and go skiing together.)

Can you identify my favorite slightly-Christmas-related 80's movie, which is currently queued up and ready to watch?

Look, I gotta go.  The Christmas tree is on fire...


10 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! (and the mental image of a claymation cheeseburger give me life this morning!)

    Here's the funny thing...I have been wanting a nice artificial tree for years now but my husband likes live trees so that's what we go with. I'm glad one of us got our tree miracle this year at least!! :) --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Lisa, how funny. I'm sorry you didn't get your Christmas miracle. I think if you got your wish, though, you might not like it as much as you thought.... fake trees really leave something to be desired. They are way easier to clean up though.

      Delete
  2. Hooray! Your real tree looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! We're over the moon about it.:)

      Delete
  3. The new REAL tree looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Robin. You won a copy of Suburban Haiku's Christmas Special. Thanks for entering your haiku. Just visit the blog and contact me at nicoleleighshaw (at) gmail (dot) com so I can send you your prize.

    Bestest, Ninja Mom

    http://www.ninjamomblog.com/2012/12/twelve-days-of-haiku-giveaway-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaaatt? Awesome! Thanks, I'll email you.

      Delete
  5. Haha that whole post made me laugh. I wish we could watch that movie together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I was thinking of you and the gang when I wrote it. :)

      Delete