Saturday, November 3, 2012

The dangers of popcorn

No, not those dangers.  (But it is scary/gross to remember that I ate a bag of Act II microwave popcorn every single day after school in sixth grade.)

Two nights ago, we popped some popcorn to go along with our night-after-Halloween tradition: watching Elf.  Usually we make popcorn on the stovetop, but I had just pulled out the popper the other day when I was tidying the kitchen, so I decided to do that.

M got hit with a rogue kernel from the popper.  It got caught in his shirt collar somehow and the poor kid got some serious burns on his chest!

Two days later and it still looks nasty!

Son of a nutcracker!!


6 comments:

  1. Ouch! That looks like it hurt. I hope it's healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor thing! You know, I don't think I've ever thought about this before. Those unpopped kernels are so hot. Man. Hope he's okay! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was (95%) joking about it being dangerous, but really -I thought they weren't supposed to fly out until they were popped!

      Delete
  3. Oh man! That's crazy! That Act II made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably was still eating it in 7th grade. I'm sure you were subjected to quite a few bags over the years.

      Delete